Saturday, December 8, 2012

wisdom meets passion


WISDOM MEETS PASSION
When Generations collide and collaborate
BY DAN MILLER//JARED ANGAZA

I received this book through BOOKZEEZE for free. This is my own personal review of this book. I will not be paid for my review.


This book is co-written by father and son they each give their own view of the topics. They share many quotes that made me stop and think, sometimes I would write them down and think about them. I also did a lot of highlighting on things that both men wrote.

I will first talk about some of Dan’s views, than I will share some of what I go out of Jared’s and lastly I will share a few of the quotes and why they meant something to me.

DAN

The first thing that really hit me is when he talks about what we are doing this year that is different from last year.
For me to answer this I took some time. The main thing I changed I moved, I had a house. (Habitat for humanity) I had lived there just over 10 years. The move was necessary for many personal reasons. I will never regret the move.

Another thing Dan writes about is living large, does this mean the things you have? Or, could it be the meaning and purprose of my life?

Though out the book Dan asks many question, It actually took me a couple months to get through the book as I wanted to really put thought into his questions.
Is my life to small?
A small spark? A word said without thought?
What is my grade on living life he asks? What would I give myself.
Being pretty or smart? (me smart)
Not waiting on God.
                I had a long period that I was “waiting”.

Jared:

One of the first things he talks about and is thankful is how he was brought up.
He now lives in Africa with his family.
He talks about how the choices we make are on things that are important to us..
                Some times I thought my choice were important to me, only to find they were not.
There are many other things that Jared shares. I had a hard time with what he was saying.

Quotes

Twenty years from know you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do. So though off the bow lines. Stay away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Expore. Dream. Discover
                                Mark Twain

Anyone that stops learning is old- whether at twenty or eighty
                                Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment