Tuesday, July 16, 2013

barefoot summer by denise hunter

BAREFOOT SUMMER
BY DENISE HUNTER

I received this book though Booksneeze.com for free, with my promise to view it. I will not be paid in any way for my review.
I am still new at doing reviews. I read many reviews and hope to get as good as some of the ones I read.
This is the first book by Denise Hunter that I have read.

Madison and Beckette come from different worlds. For her she has a family that loves her, for him his family is not there.
Madison lost her twin brother many years earlier. She never was able to get over the loss of him.  He had had a goal of being the youngest to win a sailing race, due to his death that never happened. His boat sat in a barn for many years.
Madison was studying to be a vet. Slowly she is seeing what she needs to do. She was working with a Vet as she wanted to be a vet herself. When she was asked to take a leave of absence she found that she had to fulfill her brother’s wish before her next birthday.
Not knowing anything about sailing, fixing a boat or knowing how to swim. She didn’t let that stop here. She bid on sailing lessons and wins. But something happens and she is put with Beckette. Neither really wanting to work together, they start off.
Soon Beckette realizes that Madison doesn’t know how to swim. He teaches her. But as he is teaching her, it brings back memories, ones he doesn’t want to remember.
While Madison has a great and loving family, Beckette is struggling with a brother and a father that drinks. So different from Madison, this is why he feels that even though he is falling in love, he feels he is not good enough. And how could he tell her the truth about her brother.
In the end she wins the race with Beckette by her side. She and Beckette learn that her brother didn’t drown.


I think I have become a fan of Denise. I plan to read her other books, I hope to see another one in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment