Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stumbling into Grace by Lisa Harper

"So today I have been think" She says over and over.. Repetitiveness is the best way for me to learn. I love the name of the book also as I stumble through life, each stumble learning something new. I "stumbled upon this book on BOOKSNEEZ.COM.

Each Chapter is broken down..Always starting with a Quote, than a mini "story" how she (the writer) had (stumbled upon something), thus giving her something to learn. Something that Jesus himself was teaching all those years ago. She would relate each lesson to a place in the Bible, showing just that. At the end of each chapter there is a prayer, group discussion ( I read this alone), and lastly journal question.

Scary,binding,fattening,dangerous,little,sweet, are the first few things that are shown..

I learned deeper how God does care. That taking time to see outside the box. To take a day just for God.

I would suggest this book for mother,daughter,aunt,grandmother, and sister. I laughed at many things.. and I also cried, there were I will admit times I even yelled. But I know it is okay to stumble, as to stumble is to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment